[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on ETX-mgx Geode GX1 platform

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Nov 30 15:19:18 CET 2005

Joep Jansen wrote:

> I want to use LinuxBIOS with FILO to boot a linux kernel from the IDE
> Compact Flash.
> My idea is to piggyback an empty flash chip on top of the BIOS flash
> chip, and then use a switch to select the original
> BIOS or a newly flashed one.

It's already been done. See if you can find a BIOS Savior:
http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/FAQ#What_kind_of_hardware_tools_do_I_need.3F
  http://www.ioss.com.tw/web/English/RD1BIOSSavior.html
  http://www.cwlinux.com/eng/products/products_lbmb.php

> I am new on this list, and would appreciate some help to get this
> project on the road!
>
> My question is:
>
> What would be the best way to get this started?
>
> Can I use LinuxBIOSv1 or LinuxBIOSv2?
> LinuxBIOSv2 seems newer, but it seems to lack support for the W83977F.

The source from V1 for the 83977 can be updated for V2. V2 is the
version that is currently being developed. Hamish was working on the V2
port for geodes.

-Bari