[LinuxBIOS] issue 20, island aruma update

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:49:41 CET 2005

> I think the implicit question was: "Do we guys have to build cross
> compilers now for every new platform LinuxBIOS supports before we can
> contribute?"
>
> And probably the question should be no, without having to check code in
> ;-)

So I guess you will have to have a "patch master" for each arch who
will sign off that the patch did not break thier compile(s)?  That or
the developer would have to install the cross compiler for all the
archs.

Or possibly a system like Debian has for source packages where auto
builders go and try to build everything and only after it passes all
archs does it get accepted.  You would e-mail your patch to the
autobuilder and it would spit you back a log file.

--
Richard A. Smith