[LinuxBIOS] issue 20, island aruma update

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Wed Nov 23 18:13:29 CET 2005

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [051123 16:32]:
> >It is. But I am trying to move them to the newest tree, including cache
> >as ram. So I suggest we have this wait until I get the current tree up
> >to date and merge that stuff in then.
> what do you see as the most important issues to work on while we get CAR 
>  going everywhere?
I think we need to decide which of the LNXI patches are going to stay in
as is and give them a resolved. Leaving them open maybe helps the guilty
conscience of some people here but it does not get us a step ahead. 

We rather need to close them and open issues describing the problems
that we have _now_, like "This function is missing for all motherboard
builds in this list: xxx,yyy,zzz" and then we can decide if for example
CAR is an appropriate solution for the problem or if we have to
add/readd a function or if we check the aruma changes in the code and
try to move them to all the other mainboards as well..

when we have the tree in it's old well-known marvelous state again we
should require that every patch that goes into the tree from the tracker
is proven to break nothing by attaching an abuild of the whole tree
before and after the patch. This is 10min work for that one developer
per patch, but safes weeks for all of us.


More information about the coreboot mailing list