[LinuxBIOS] drop struct lb_uint64?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sun Nov 13 11:07:26 CET 2005

yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> writes:

> interesting, So even new gcc on x86 still default uint64_t to 32bit alignment?

It's a murky area of the C ABI but I don't think the implementation has
changed.  I know gcc and Intel's C compiler were at disagreement over
that one at one point.  But I would have to read through the release
notes to see.

If gcc has changed on x86 it is even more important that the field is
not implemented as a uint64_t.  Because unfortunately it is preceded
by a 32bit number which means that field should only be 32bit aligned.

Eric