[LinuxBIOS] Re: Athlon64 939

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Mar 31 12:00:54 CEST 2005

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> The Athlon 64 939 support dual channel.
>
> but in the test in s2865 with d0 Athlon64 939 in LinuxBIOS, it only work
> with one DIMM in socket 1.
>
> weird....
>
> the same code with Opteron d0 ....

I seem to recall that unbuffered DIMMS have some pretty hefty restrictions,
on what works and what doesn't.  One DIMM per channel may be correct.

If these are registered DIMMS this appears to be a deeper issue.  You might
want to try running the memory as PC2700, to see if that gets you farther.

Reflecting on this.  It looks like the test needs to be against
the brand-id field of cpuid.

Eric