[LinuxBIOS] Names names.. [was: Linux vs. Open?]

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Mar 15 02:34:17 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:44:26PM -0800, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Dale Harris wrote:
>
> >So this is likely a dumb question.  But what is the difference
> >between LinuxBIOS and OpenBIOS?

[..]

> You might also want to check out the new site
> http://wiki.linuxbios.org/ which will probably have more definitive
> answers to your question.

This inspired me to touch up the general description of LinuxBIOS in
the FAQ, to include mention of OpenBIOS and freebios. I realized that
there's some disparity in the term LinuxBIOS, in what it covers.

It's good to use LinuxBIOS for the completed product, including
payload and all. It looks good, feels good and is practical.

I would like to have a name for the part that isn't the payload.
Suggestions? I've called it "the initialization part|code" but I
don't like that too much.

//Peter