Asus TX97-E

Michal Szwaczko mikey at wirelabs.net
Tue Mar 8 15:41:01 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm tracking the list, CVS, listening to some really kind folks at
Freenode's #openbios (Stepan et al) for some time now, but still did't
find a working Asus TX97 configuration. To the point:

I have an Asus TX97-_E_ which seems to be really diferent from the one that is
claimed supported in the v1 tree (tx97-le) The difference - from what I can
gather not being a hw level programmer - is the cache chips and superIO.
I tried many many config options but still, no serial output, the board is
just plain dead after flashing. Has anyone tried/succeeded in getting
this board to work? Or can anyone point my mistakes if it should be working
and isn't because I might be making some fundamental errors?

The cache chips are two of tmtech t35l6432a-60
The IO chip is: Winbond w83877af

The config I use is here:
<URL:http://m.wirelabs.net/mb-config>

And a little modified (for a different superio)tx97le/Config:
<URL:http://m.wirelabs.net/Config>

The image builds ok, but I am not sure if it is even workable at minimum
with those options on that motherboard.
There was a discussion some time ago on this list about similar problem, but
I don't think I could track down any voice from the developers about this.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Point me to any direction?
Thanks

--
[ .O. | Michał 'Mikey' Szwaczko  | GPG Key#:0x653CBD53 ]
[ ..O | Developer/Troubleshooter | GNU Generation Now! ]