wiki.linuxbios.org

Martin Ley m303 at luusa.org
Tue Mar 1 23:48:00 CET 2005

Hi all,

I am reading the linuxbios list for about 4 month, looking forward to
use linuxbios on my Epia M10000. I am not sure, if I build everything
allright. Maybe with the complete update of the website, there could be
ready-made ROM images available to download. I want to boot from hda,
which is a CF card.

The next thing is, how do I get the ROM image to the flash? The flash is
a SST39SF020A. The best solution would be that I use a second flash to
play with linuxbios, but I can't find a distributor in germany willing
to sell small quantities.
My colleage has a programmer, which supports that flash. The idea is,
that he saves the standard BIOS and writes linuxbios to it. In case the
linuxbios image does not work, the original BIOS could be rewritten to
it. Would that work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards
Martin