[LinuxBIOS] Local APIC IDs for dual Xeons

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 30 14:57:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Steve Magnani wrote:

> I've reached the point where LB is attempting to start the secondary CPU
> on my custom board. As near as I can tell, LB thinks the secondary CPU
> isn't responding. This could be a hardware problem, or a LB issue of some
> sort.

hmm. I think it should be 6, IIRC.

There was a problem once, on another product, where the two wires for
LAPIC got reversed and caused all kinds of fun. I just can't remember all
the details. But you might want to double-, triple-, and friple-check your
connections.

> cluster), but nothing that says (for instance) "One Xeon chip is assigned
> LAPIC IDs 0 & 1 and the second is assigned LAPIC IDs 6 & 7".

it always seems to work out that way ...

ron