[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M Code

Anton Borisov a.borisov at tesv.tmb.ru
Mon Jun 20 06:38:30 CEST 2005

Hello.
	I've played with EPIA-M tree recently. Interesting facts:

	1) I'm always turning to "fallback" image. How LB decides which image to load? I guess this is done with CMOS entry (which one?), but I want boot VIA's AwardBIOS as well as LB (by switching Flash Chips in BIOS Savior).
	2) I included file minicom.capped1.bz2. It's a minicom's output. I bet jmp_to_elf_entry() do the wrong staff (src/arch/i386/boot/boot.c) thus not loading payload at all.
	3) Moreover. Looking at minicom.capped2.bz2. I've changed jmp_to_elf_entry() a little (put the code from PPC part). Ok, loading FILO now works. But reverting to "Normal" image. And finally, "SMBUS controller not found" because of wrong DEV (DEV = 0xFF).

P.S. Booting in cold restart loading "Normal" image. "Normal" image don't boot - it stops at enable_smbus().

	Any clues?

--
Sincerely, Anton Borisov