[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M Almost there

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Jun 6 11:17:19 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:42:02PM -0700, Adam Talbot wrote:
> Humm, so I am working on the EPIA-MII.  Jonathan was kind enough to provide
> me with a compiling version of the source code. OK, I am stuck at this
> point.  The code is compiled and flashed.  Here is my console output. On
> the first reboot.
>
>    0
>
>    LinuxBIOS-1.1.8.0Fallback Sun Jun  5 22:31:42 PDT 2005 starting...
>    vt8623 init starting
>    vt8623 done
>
> After the first reboot I have to set my connection speed to 57600 instead
> of 115200, and I get.
>
>    ...`(...H....`(...H.
>
>    LinuxBIOS-1.1.8.0Normal Sun Jun  5 22:31:09 PDT 2005 starting...

Oh cool. I was worried there wouldn't be any output at all which would
be harder to diagnose. :)

> Where do I turn up the debug so I can get a bit more info and perhaps
> track the problem??

Try adding:

uses DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL
uses MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL

to src/mainboard/via/epia-m/Options.lb just under "uses OBJCOPY"

and then:

option DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=9
option MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=9

to targets/via/epia-m/Config.filo.lb just under
"option HAVE_FALLBACK_BOOT=1"

You'll need to do the ./buildtarget again afterwards obviously.

J.

--
 OK, if we can't have a tour, can  |  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux Developer
  we at least have a look around?  | : :' :  Happy to accept PGP signed