Where to start.....

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Jan 31 03:00:01 CET 2005

* G.Marshall <g.marshall at dalmany.co.uk> [050131 14:13]:
> At Stefan's suggestion, I have downloaded the latest V2 snapshot.  I
> expected a Makefile, configure or README in the base directory which told
> me where to start and how to progress.  I have found some details
> regarding a 2.4.0 kernel, but that appears to relate to V1.  I have also
> looked at the LinuxBIOS.pdf by Anthony Stone.

Assuming you just want to flash the bios with a given rom image, go to
freebios2/util/flash_and_burn/ and do make there. The resulting
flash_rom utility might help.

For detailed information how to build LinuxBIOS itself for a given platform,
see http://www.openbios.org/LinuxBIOS-AMD64.pdf

The SIS6x0 is not yet supported by the LinuxBIOS v2 tree yet. Which
means you cannot replace your motherboard bios with LinuxBIOS on those
systems.