linuxbios on geode gx1 with sst-39SF020A and CompactFlash [PMX:#]

ramesh bios ramesh_bios at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 17:31:01 CET 2005

I come bearing good news!

So it's all working now. I've got the kernel running
and userspace apps working. My unoptimized boottime
from power on to the point that /sbin/init runs the
first rc script looks to be around 6 seconds. Yay!
Thanks to all of you for all the hard work and help.
If any of you come to Chennai, India, please drop me
an email first, it'd be my pleasure to buy you a shot
of Chennai's finest coconut based beverage. :-)

I'm not sure what was wrong with my 2.6.8.1 kernel. I
ended up using a 2.6.10 kernel. I tried to follow
Ron's suggestion about no vga console. I was trying to
get rid of CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE but for some reason I
just coudn't. scripts/kconfig/conf seems to always
reenable CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE even when I manually
edited the .config. I switched to a 2.6.10 bzImage and
that worked first bat so I'm happy. My 2.6.8.1 was
patched so it might have been messed up.

Now that I've got here, perhaps I could go back and
fix the sdram autosizing problem. I was also wondering
about V2, is there something I could help with with
respect to the geode in V2?

Thanks again!