linuxbios on geode gx1 with sst-39SF020A and CompactFlash [PMX:#]

ramesh bios ramesh_bios at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 21:03:00 CET 2005

Christer wrote:
> takes over.  So check that the debug baudrate and
> that the baudrate
> for the rest of LinuxBIOS is the same.

Yup Christer, you were right. Thanks. It was because
baud rate in serialio.c was set to 115200. So I set it
back to 38400 all over and it gets to almost the final
step of booting! Yay! I think. :-)

Jumping to boot code at 0x10431c
FILO version 0.4.2 (root at rambox) Wed Jan 26 19:38:57
IST 2005
Press <Enter> for default boot, or <Esc> for boot
prompt... timed out
boot: hdc1:/bzImage root=/dev/hdc2 console=tty0
console=ttyS0,38400
hdc: LBA 128MB: TOSHIBA THNCF128MMG
Mounted ext2fs
Jumping to entry point...
Firmware type: LinuxBIOS

So I think I'm almost there now. I think I must have
made some mistake with either filo or mkelfImage
config because it hangs after the "Jumping to entry
point...". So I'm going to take a look at that next. I
think filo isn't able to read the version info out of
the kernel for some reason. I'm using a 2.6.8.1
bzImage that works on this board when I use grub as my
bootloader. I've got my boot partition using ext2 on
hdc1 and my root partition on hdc2. I converted my
bzImage using mkelfImage like so:

--kernel=./bzImage.in --output=bzImage.elf
--command-line="root=/dev/hdc2 console=tty0
console=ttyS0,38400 ro init=/sbin/init"

So I think my first debug step will be to figure out
why filo could not read the version info from the elf
bzImage.

Thanks again!