Anybody having success with EPIA 800? (was Re: EPIA halting after vt8601 init?)

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:45:01 CET 2005

> basically, even on the new 8601, you can autodetect all you want but some
> settings seem to not work. Very frustrating. I'll have to look and see
> what hooks are in there, I no longer remember.

Since I'm in that code currently copying and looking for my 440bx
port. I noticed that the IO_BASE for the smbus in x_early_smbus_init.c
is set to 5000.  This will suffer the same problems that my 440bx V1
had where this io base will conflict with a device in the PCI IO
allocations.

I would suggest you move that to an address < 1000.

--
Richard A. Smith