Anybody having success with EPIA 800? (was Re: EPIA halting after vt8601 init?)

Al Hooton al at hootons.org
Thu Jan 20 20:47:01 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 09:45 -0700, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> I'm quite certain it is memory, this is always the scenario with this type
> of output. I may still be wrong, but I doubt it. Certain problems occur
> over and over again, and this looks to be one of them. Can you be sure
> that your northbridge setup is duplicating fuctory bios?

	Short form: is *anybody* currently taking a CVS download, and
successfully building/running for an EPIA 800 target?  If so, please let
me know -- I'm beating my head against some kind of wierdness that I
have not yet grokked, and I'm wondering if something has broken since
the last know time this worked.

	Long form:

	I edited auto.c to launch a mem test as suggested, but it didn't
provide any further info -- everything passed, the maps/ranges look
good, etc.  I've got the cmos_util tools, and am certain my cmos is in
good shape.  I'm getting started in the normal image now, and have
logging up at 9.  After vt8601 init, the jump to LB just hangs.

	At one point I had things so warped I flushed it and started over with
a fresh download from CVS, making no changes other than to use a payload
of /etc/hosts, just to see if I could get through LB.  No joy -- it
still hangs after vt8601 init.

	I know it's possible to get an LB image that runs on this board,
because I've downloaded the one from cwlinux, and it works fine
(epia.rom of 21-Dec-2002).  It just doesn't do what I want, and I'd like
to know that I can build/tweak mine when necessary.  Besides, I'm
starting to think that something has broken in CVS since that image was
built for the epia target, and it would be good to figure out what's
broken (if something is).

	Anybody who is successfully building/running for the EPIA 800 target,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Al