V2 questions

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 20 18:03:00 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Richard Smith wrote:

> So if  I just remove all the normal stuff?  What about all the reset16
> and entry16 stuff?  Looks to me like I pretty much have to re-write my
> MB config.lb

no, not at all. It's the target/bitworks/richard/Config.lb that determines
normal/fallback or fallback-only configuration, and that in turn will
drive how the thing gets built

> Since you haven't really said specificlly what you don't like about
> in-tree builds I say what I do like.  Having everything under one roof
> make it much easier for me to just take a snapshot of things.  CVS is
> great but there are still loads of time when I'ts just more of a
> hassle.  Sweet and simple.  I can't tell you how many times I've had
> to go back to a snapshot and snag a binary that I wasn't able to
> reproduce due do some wierdness going on.  Or just as a sanity check
> when wierdness is going on.

good point. The only reason I like seperate trees is that if things get
too weird I like to
rm -rf freebios
cvs blah blah co freebios
and not affect any of my targets. That's all.

> My original point was though that it would be nice from a new board
> porters view if there was some kind of reference payload for each
> known good board and it was included.

good point.

ron