OT, Linuxbios usage...

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:23:16 CET 2005

> fullfilled (hardware setup & loading of os). A virtualisation machine much
> like vmware or bochs, except that this machine would let the operating run
> on the hardware instead of emulating the hardware (am I making sense?).

So you mean some sort of HAL like the VM on a IBM370 does.

Possible but linuxBIOS is a _long_ way from that.  And it's not really
compatible with its overall goal which is to get the hardware up
enough that a linux kernel can take over.  Load a payload into ram and
jump to that.

The qemu is a target in V2 if you start working with that you may be
able to do what you want.

--
Richard A. Smith