OT, Linuxbios usage...

Peter Karlsson petekarl at student.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 20 08:00:01 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Richard Smith wrote:

> Not really.  LinuxBIOS is pretty much for booting live hardware.  What
> I think you wan't is the bochs project, VMware or Win4lin.

Well, if snooping is going to work the windows drivers has to talk to the
hardware, which vmware & bochs doesn't support. I'm not saying that
linuxbios could do it today but was merely asking if it was theoretically
possible. Afaicu, when linuxbios (or any bios for that matter) has started
the operating system it doesn't run anymore since it basic functions are
fullfilled (hardware setup & loading of os). A virtualisation machine much
like vmware or bochs, except that this machine would let the operating run
on the hardware instead of emulating the hardware (am I making sense?).

Best regards

Peter K

--
We Can Put an End to Word Attachments: