linuxbios on geode gx1 with sst-39SF020A and CompactFlash [PMX:#]

ramesh bios ramesh_bios at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 16:27:00 CET 2005

Yes, I do.

http://www.intworks.biz/ ramesh/geode_gx1.pdf

The register I've been examining is:
MC_BANK_CFG, on page 114

LinuxBIOS sets it up as:

Probing for DIMM0
Probing for DIMM1
    Found DIMM1
    Page Size:       00001000
    Component Banks: 4
    Module Banks:    2
    DIMM size:       08000000
Memory sizing done, MC_BANK_CFG = 0x55200070

Where as Phoenix BIOS sets 0x14,20,00,70

The LinuxBIOS set looks incorrect to me. The board has
4 sdram devices, each are 4 banked 2Mbit x16 as DIMM1
and a SODIMM slot for DIMM0 that is unpopulated. So, I
see the board as having a rank of 1 on DIMM1, 4 banks
per device, and a page size of 4k since there are 4
banks with 512 columns of x16. LinuxBIOS gets the page
size and component banks right. But DIMM1_MOD_BNK=1 (2
mod banks) and DIMM1_SZ=5 (128MB) are wrong. It ought
to be 0 and 4, ie: 1 mod bank and 64MB.

I'll take a look at the autosizing code and try to
figure out where the bug is. Let me know if you agree
with my assesment.

Thanks.