Overlaping IO resource for AMD K8

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jan 18 09:04:01 CET 2005

Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 04:54, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > In what sense do they have a bad ROM header?  I can easily see
> > them not supporting new pci features.  Unless we can show that
> > something is broken beyond repair we should not give up on supporting
> > it.  We don't know what brain damage will show up next.
> >

> Some of them don't have correct 0x55aa signature. All of them have
> wrong Class code.

I can possibly see the class code being wrong.  That is fairly minor,
and you already have that on the physical hardware.

For pci option roms you still have the vendor and device ids
that tend to be the important part.

In addition it is quite possible some of those cards still follow the original
option rom specification (pre pci enhancements) which simply requires
the 0x55aa signature the length byte and the jump to the entry point.

Eric