[PROPOSAL] enhanced table dumping

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 18 08:21:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Those platforms rather offer an IEEE 1275-1994 interface (which is
> binary+callback, all evil combined, but it is well proven)

the consensus seems to be that we make the tree contain what we need, and
the last step is to generate tables from the tree. It sure makes sense to
me.

We also know that we must generate mptable, irq table, and acpi (I just
*love* the PC) since they all contain info that is overlapping, somewhat
different, and all needed.

For callbacks, we let OpenBIOS handle that.

I'd still like to see the code that does the s-expr generation but I'm on
enough other projects right now that my time is too tight. HELP!

ron