Running with VGA
YhLu at tyan.com
Fri Jan 14 17:23:01 CET 2005
I add the code to amd_earlymtrr.c but found two problem
1. in the cpu init, the second cpu cache can not be enabled. (still using
value set by amd_earlymtrr.c). ( before the amd_mtrr.c called by init).
2. some slow in auto.c stage. Maybe because of before enable cache for
LinuxBIOS rom flash, there is more instruction to enable fixed mtrrs.
So I prefer to two phase dev_init loop.
If you want me send the amd_earlymtrr.c with fixed mtrr enablement, please
let me know.
From: Li-Ta Lo [mailto:ollie at lanl.gov]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 2:13 PM
Cc: Sagiv Yefet; LinuxBIOS
Subject: RE: Running with VGA
On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:45, YhLu wrote:
> I check the amd_early_mtrr.c with old amd earymtrr.inc. It seems the only
> difference is not enable SYSCFG_MSR_MtrrFixDramModEn before clear MTRR
Probably I didn't commit all the old code I used to have.
Anyway, the things we have to do in early_mtrr.c are:
1. enable SYSCFG_MSR_MtrrFixDramModEn
2. set fixed mtrrs for 0-0x9FFFF and 0xC0000-0xFFFFF
as WB and READ_MEM and WRITE_MEM
3. set fixed mtrrs for 0xA0000-0xBFFF to UC
4. disable SYSCFG_MSR_MtrrFixDramModEn
5. enable SYSCFG_MSR_MtrrFixDramEn
> I enable that, but the result shows no change....
More information about the coreboot