Is 440BX ported to Linuxbios v2?

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 13 11:34:01 CET 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Svante Signell wrote:

> I found the BIOS chip brand and version: Its a Winbond W290C020-90

a nice common safe part. Try hamilton-avnet or arrow. WARNING: when you
call them, use the EXACT part #. Their databases are not able to do fuzzy
logic.

> Is it large enough to host LinuxBIOS?

yes, but not a kernel in there.

> My dual-CPU MSI-6120 MOBO has on-board dual channel Adaptec 7895 SCSI
> support. Does V1 support this? What about the FSB settings avalaible in
> the MSI/AMI BIOS v2.0: 100MHz, 103MHz, 112MHz, 133MHz?

No, but linux might.

no idea on the FSB settings -- I think linuxbios always goes with the
fastest :-)

This is an area we are weak in: FSB settings.

ron