Moving 440bx to V2

Richard Smith smithbone69 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 05:40:01 CET 2005

--- "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederman at lnxi.com> wrote:

> Socket 370 is the first socket that Intel denied the
> clone
> manufacturers from using I believe.  So the choice
> in cpus
> should be fairly small.

There are not any pin changes for the various speeds
of PIII.  Well at least as far as 733Mhz.  Our data
sheet dosen't list any speeds higher than that.

Dooing some googleing I see that up to 1.3Ghz the 370
was still in use and looks like nothing changed.
1.4Ghz  and up added the mPGA478. I found 1.4s in both
footprints but anything faster though seems to be
mPGA.

So I'm taking that to mean that socket_PGA370 is ok as
my cpu directory?

=====
Richard A. Smith
Bitworks, Inc.