Directory structure for x86emu

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Fri Jan 7 04:31:01 CET 2005

* Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> [050107 15:40]:
> Definitely! Pragmatic decisions are not always those with the nicest
> design, but in this case it will no doubt help LinuxBIOS gain a lot of
> momentum against the other alternatives (ie. http://www.tianocore.org/)

They are _really_ _honestly_ making their EFI stuff _freely_ available:

Excerpt of the Usage Agreements for the source code

Grant of License to Use
[..]
You acknowledge and agree that You will not, directly or indirectly: (i)
reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to
discover the underlying source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of
the Software; (ii) modify, translate, or create derivative works based
on the Software; (iii) rent, lease, distribute, sell, resell or assign,
or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove any
proprietary notices in the Software.
[..]

IANAL, but do I get it right that before I am allowed to see their
sources for _participating_ in their neat little project I have to
accept that I am not going to _modify_ them or discover the way they
work?

The derivative work clause almost seems like nothing compared to this.

There are 17 more paragraphs which I did not even dare reading anymore.

Poor guys who made the mistake clicking on "I agree"..
"All your bases are belong to us".

   Stefan