Directory structure for x86emu

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Fri Jan 7 04:17:00 CET 2005

* Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [050107 05:54]:
> > On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Li-Ta Lo wrote:
> > > Any comments ?
> >
> > This is wonderful, as it may solve the SCSI problem too.
>
> I agree with eric that in general going to expansion roms as an option is
> undesirable, but ... sometimes you have no choice. I have friends at one
> lab who will be able to use linuxbios on 64 machines if we can init the
> SCSI BIOS on their RAIDs.

Definitely! Pragmatic decisions are not always those with the nicest
design, but in this case it will no doubt help LinuxBIOS gain a lot of
momentum against the other alternatives (ie. http://www.tianocore.org/)

getting scsi to work will be some more work than vga due to int13
overloading, but given how far things have come in the last couple of
days this will happen rather sooner than later.

Stefan