mptable.c

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Jan 4 04:20:01 CET 2005

* Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [050104 14:56]:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
> > Am I supposed to delete it, or am I supposed to look up what it means
> > and implement it in mptable.c so LinuxBIOS can use it?
>
> oh boy. It's been a year at least since I even looked at that thing.
>
> I will try to see what it's trying to do but I can't really tell why it is
> doing this.

I can have a look, if you can point me to some documentation. Is the
utility supposed to through out a working mptable? The code it creates
looks fundamentally different from the opteron boards' mptables.c
versions.

> That type of thing was supposed to only come out between /* */
It doesn't, instead it comes right after all the smp_write_intsrc()
calls:

        smp_write_intsrc(mc, mp_NMI, MP_IRQ_TRIGGER_EDGE|MP_IRQ_POLARITY_HIGH, 0x0, 0x0, MP_APIC_ALL, 0x1);
MP Config Extended Table Entries:
[..]

Especially the bus hierarchy information might be interesting to linux?

I'll strip the comments out and see whether things work

Stefan