new free software foundation crusade: http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/free-bios.html

Jamie Rollins jrollins at ligo.mit.edu
Mon Feb 28 06:34:00 CET 2005

I agree very strongly on this point.  If linuxbios is going to move
forward, it's public face needs to be very well presented, which at the
moment, it is not.  The linuxbios.org web site is very out of date.  The
page desperately needs a documentation section, and a better way to
download the most recent source code other than through the CVS.

I also can't stress enough how important an up-to-date and well maintaned
list of linuxbios compatible motherboards is to the success of the
project.  If people don't know which hardware linuxbios will work on,
people won't ever try it.  This is a absolutely necessary resource.
How-to's for different motherboards should also be made more publicly
available.

jamie.