[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu Dec 29 13:34:32 CET 2005

Richard Smith schrieb:
>>You mean, take the original bios, delete vga-bios .16 and insert
>>vga-bios .13 instead?
>>Well, I can try it and will see what happens :D
>>Unfortunatly, vga .16 is smaller as .13
>

> Yeah.  Use a hex editor and cut and paste so the size stays the same.

Ok, I have made a new factory bios with cbrom.
Changed out Mclecomb.rom (vgabios .16) with MVPSD_15.rom (vgabios .13)

The new made bios works well, X starts with via modul without errors.

Compare between MVPSD_15.rom and RAM Setcion c0000 have the same results
as with the orginal bios before.

Offset 1a (d5 goes to d4) and Offset 5d (00 goes to 01) differs from the
orginal.

Now I will try to build in checksum routines in the linuxbios sources.

chris