[LinuxBIOS] Gigabyte's DualBios and recovery from a botched Linuxbios flash?

David Hendricks cro_marmot at comcast.net
Wed Dec 28 11:47:31 CET 2005

Oops--I forgot that I'm not running my old crappy mainboard anymore and
my current one *does* have a socketed PLCC.

Richard does have a good idea, though. Yhlu added a start and end
exclusion option to flash rom to specify which portions of the ROM to
erase and reprogram. I have not tried it yet as this patch was made
specifically for the pm49fl004 (The standard ROM on a bunch of Tyan
boards). I also seem to recall that this required IO chipset support
for legacy programming mode, but I could be wrong on that point. Still,
perhaps this would help out Mr. Brown if it could be adapted to
whatever his board uses.

PS -- Sorry for the dupe, Richard!