[LinuxBIOS] any chance to get X fbdev driver to work ?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:37:12 CET 2005

> > Now, I will have a look why this happens.
> > Any hint?

Unfortunatly No.

> I'm a little bit confused.
> Could it be, that Linuxbios override the ram sections?
> It seems that vgabios.c in mainboard/via/epia-m do the

I have no idea what would be stomping on your video bios.

The only way I can think of to find this is to write a small routine
in linuxbios that computes the checksum of the video bios and then
start walking it through all the linuxbios code until you find where
it gets corrupted.

I'll be back at the office tomorrow and I'll try to scratch out some
time to look though the code and see if anything jumps out at me that
might copy itself into the 0xC0000 range other than linuxbios.

Have you run memtest?  Perhaps your RAM isn't really setup properly
and won't hold the right data?

You could try moving it to another section.  0x0b0000, 0x0d0000 and
0x0e0000 _might_ be open.  I don't know what your memory map is.

> What about the VGA_LEGACY options from freebios, I can't use these
> options. I get errors by make a ./buildtarget via/epia-m because of, the
> options are not in Options.lb under /config.

Those are old holdovers from V1.  I doubt any of them do anything anymore.

--
Richard A. Smith