[LinuxBIOS] Eventually a RAM problem for slow booting Epia-M

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:05:33 CET 2005

> Then I recognized the lines above in auto.c, which disable the Firewire
> stuff, but The Epia-ML does not have Firewire, ok it is the same chipset
> and the firewire is integrated in the chip, but voila it works.

> I have commented out line 119-123 and all works fine on high speed :D
> Is there a better way?

So If I get this right then the call to pci_locate_device() was
causing the delay?
I guess looping through every bus, dev, function searching for a
device could take a while.

Probally the best thing to do is to create a mainboard/via/epia-ml
directory.  I bet that won't be the only thing thats different.

--
Richard A. Smith