[LinuxBIOS] about make LinuxBIOS 64bit for Opteron

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Dec 17 00:48:56 CET 2005

"Lu, Yinghai" <yinghai.lu at amd.com> writes:

> I hate that in LinuxBIOS (CAR and RAM stage) I can not access the range
> above 4G, esp the last 4G in 1T Range.

Ah the magic Opteron memory mapped registers. :)

> I could use fs base to access that, but that is quite slow...

Also don't forget that you can't initialize ECC properly from cpus
that are not on the same die as the memory controller.

I used fs base for that it worked ok.  It was a little slow because
it was over hypertransport but nothing bad but the ECC state
did not initialize correctly.

Eric