[LinuxBIOS] about make LinuxBIOS 64bit for Opteron

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Fri Dec 16 19:52:46 CET 2005

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [051216 19:35]:
> I think we have to do it.
>
> That said, BEFORE this effort starts, I want to make sure that EVERY
> SINGLE OPTERON TARGET works as well as it did 6 months ago. And,
> currently, I don't think that is the case -- see ward's letter.
>
> We need to get this code base back to being more solid than it currently is.

I fully agree. We should make a feature freeze and only let changes in
that fix something until we _verified_ that all (K8) mainboards are
working and on the same level (ie. equal cmos layouts, dual core, car
enabled, etc pp.)

One step at a time. We just recovered.

Besides that, 64bit is a must, no doubt.

Stefan