[LinuxBIOS] etherboot + linuxbios

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Mon Dec 12 23:37:11 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 03:30:33PM -0700, Jason Schildt wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 10:17:29PM +0000, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> > What versions of etherboot are people using with LinuxBIOS? I've had
> > problems with 5.4.1 just giving gibberish on the serial console so have
> > ended up using 5.2.6; is this expected?
> If you're getting gibberish over serial, then your baud rate is set
> wrong.  More than likely, LB is set to 115200 and Etherboot is set to
> 9600.  Or visa versa.

I'm pretty sure I tried both with -DDCOMPRESERVE (which I understand
should make etherboot use the LB settings) and -DCONSPEED=115200 (which
is what lb is set to).

If you (or anyone else) can confirm you're using 5.4.1 without problems
with LB on a serial console then I'll go back and try again, but really
I just wanted to know I wasn't spending time debugging something that
was known not to work.

J.

--
/-\                             |    noodles is almost a national
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |          pastime in japan