[LinuxBIOS] MSI MB support

Peter Karlsson petekarl at student.chalmers.se
Fri Dec 9 21:54:01 CET 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Fredrik Tolf wrote:

> Fortunately, I don't live in the U.S., and as such am not affected by
> the DMCA. Less fortunately, I'm not a lawyer either, though, so I have
> no idea if you'd be able to use anything that I would disassemble.

Depending on where you live, this might affect you anyway. EU, for
instance, has adopted it's own version of the DMCA. See:
http://www.fipr.org/copyright/guide/
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,39118164,00.htm
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/04/30/alan_cox_attacks_the_european/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

For all I know Australia is already bound to the U.S. DMCA through
treaties/trade agreements. WIPO is working towards complete world coverage
with similar laws, protecting the "innocent"...

Disclaimer: IANAL.

Best regards

Peter Karlsson

--