[LinuxBIOS] issue 20, island aruma update

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Dec 3 23:33:27 CET 2005

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at openbios.org> writes:

> * Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [051203 22:35]:
>> > Until we have a large distributed cluster of machines connected to
>> > promices we should stick to code reviews and assiduous maintainers.
>>
>> That is part of what the fallback/normal split is about.
>> And this is why I scream about CAR only being setup in fallback.
>>
>> It isn't perfect but it should let you test 99% of everything at least
>> to the does it boot level.  If you have a working fallback you don't
>> need a promice in your test cluster.
>
> I've had a funny case of the normal image failing while fallback was
> working fine. Unfortunately it seems the boot count was not touched.
> Bummer, the system stayed in normal until I flashed a new bios with the
> promice.

I didn't say it was perfect only good enough for building a cluster
of test machines.

As for your problem there is also the clear cmos jumper :)

Bugs in fallback happen and they suck.  But for 90%+ of testing
the fallback/normal works.  For building a cluster of test machines I
believe that is a lot more doable.

Eric