[LinuxBIOS] EPIA M-II (CF Boot)

Carl Farrington linuxbios at compsup.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 02:45:22 CET 2005

I can't get past initrd yet! VFS: Unable to mount root hde1 or unknown-block
(0,0).
It seems that even though I'm starting up cardmgr in the initrd, which
sucessfully finds hde and hde1, upon finishing the initrd (closing the shell
or end of linuxrc), the kernel doesn't find hde1. Could this be to do with
my 2.6 kernel not having devfs. I have fired up udevstart though, although
I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, the device nodes are being created.

Or could it be that I need to upgrade to pcmciautils - the new pcmcia-stuff,
as the kernel is warning me about use of depreciated ioctls with cardmgr.

ho hum. I haven't bothered playing on it tonight, as I've been staying up
'til ~4:30am on this lately and that's bad for my work!

cheers!
Carl