[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on ETX-mgx Geode GX1 platform

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu Dec 1 01:34:01 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 03:41:55PM +0100, Joep Jansen wrote:
> I looked at the BIOS Savior, but it will do not good since the flash
> chip is a TSOP, directly soldered to the board.
> The "piggyback" trick seems the most viable solution, but it will
> requilre some skill and good equipment ;-).

That's not a lot of fun for TSOP packages. Perhaps your time would be
worth getting a TSOP in-circuit adapter that you just put on top of
the TSOP while reprogramming.

Or maybe these TSOP production sockets are a good compromise:

http://www.emulation.com/catalog/off-the-shelf_solutions/sockets/tsop/

//Peter