[LinuxBIOS] Compilation error (vga_fixup and mdelay)

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Aug 30 11:11:56 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 11:06:13AM +0200, skb tdf wrote:
> I'm a newbie with LinuxBIOS. I would like to make
> LinuxBIOSv2 working on VIA EPIA-MII. Unfortunately I can't
> compile from the source. I tried to make it based on
> LinuxBIOS-AMD64.eps.
>
> buildtarget via/epia-m
>
> seems to be success but 'make' in via/epia-m/epia-m fails
> with the following message:
>
> crt0.S: Assembler messages:
> crt0.S:166: Warning: indirect jmp without `*'
> linuxbios_ram.o(.text+0x8bc): In function `vga_fixup':
> : undefined reference to `setup_realmode_idt'
> linuxbios_ram.o(.text+0x8cd): In function `vga_fixup':
> : undefined reference to `do_vgabios'
> linuxbios_ram.o(.text+0x8e0): In function `vga_fixup':
> : undefined reference to `vga_enable_console'
> linuxbios_ram.o(.text+0x22e1): In function `mdelay':
> : undefined reference to `udelay'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [linuxbios_ram] Error 1
> make: *** [normal/linuxbios.rom] Error 1
>
> The case is same if I try to run
>
> util/abuild.sh via/epia-m
>
> Is there a description/doc/help how to build the bios?
> Or is there some ready-to-burn binary image for VIA EPIA-MII?

EPIA-M(II) currently doesn't compile; like many other ports it has the
udelay problem. I've been meaning to run through all the svn commits
to try and find the one that broke this, but haven't had the time. I
thought Ollie knew how to fix this, but I haven't seen any reply from
anyone to the various queries asking about it.

J.

--
 [      A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected.       ]
 [ http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/ - IPv6 enabled ADSL/dialup/colo ]