[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS

Bryan E. Chafy bchafy at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Aug 22 19:19:31 CEST 2005

Id be interested in knowing how far you get with this.

Ive got a couple of these, a 3350 and a t1010 (compaq variant of the 3360se).
As far as I know, nobody has been successful getting linux to completely
boot, but some have gotten very close.
Its a mostly standard gxm/geode design with extra flash, so the geode
code in LB ought to work.  You'll need a laplink cable
and some software if you flash onboard (ie not the hotflash method).

Here's some links:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0504.3/0926.html
http://winterm.gaast.net/main.php/intro.html
http://winterm.gaast.net/downloads/ for the software
you'll also need xfer.exe from wyse.

The cardbus bridge might cause trouble if you have a "WYSE Shamrock"
chipset.  Im unsure what if any documentation there is on it.
(my 3350 uses a common TI bridge, the t1010 has the shamrock).
There's also a Lattice GAL soldered on there somewhere which could be
anything.