[LinuxBIOS] RD1 BIOS Savior [was Re: No known linux compatable BIOS programmer ?]

Jeff Carr jcarr at linuxmachines.com
Mon Aug 15 15:23:09 CEST 2005

On 08/15/05 02:56, Paul Millar wrote:

> I have some user-land software for getting the Willem board working
> under Linux.

Sweet.

> Back a little while back (while an impoverished student), I decided
> it was the best available burner that had publicly available
> schematics and PCB layout, so built it, planning on writing the
> software myself. (first PCB project, it was a miracle it worked :)

Cool.

> Would people be interested, either in the software or in helping
> improve it?

I would. You said you built your own device, but I'm not a poor student
(anymore). Could you guess which of the three on the mcmull page:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicIndex.asp
would be the closest to the schematic you used?

I'd certainly be willing to make a go of it. If I can dig it up, there
were some guys that wrote a parallel jtag interface to program amd
flash. Maybe it would be useful. That was several years ago and the site
seems lost in the annals of history now. Maybe you wrote that too :)

Jeff