epia m vga + memcpy update

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Sep 14 01:55:01 CEST 2004

* Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> [040913 21:35]:
> > Another one is Milo, the Alpha Linux Bootloader..
>
> Is there anyone still working on that ? I thought Alpha is dead now.
>
> Ollie

Not really.. the last couple of years only me and Jay Estabrook were
working on Milo anyways. It is a big nasty bunch of code that noone
really wants to touch.
I still have the plans to use the last few code snippets that are usable
to get OpenBIOS as a simple bootloader for AlphaBIOS/ARCS based
machines. Like, the PAL code and some early init should still be usable,
all kernel linkage must be removed.
No idea whether I will actually get to do this before everybody stopped
using these machines though ;)
My own Alpha machine is SRM based, so I have no immediate pressure or
testing possibilities anyways.

Stefan