about linux, linuxbios and bootup times

Trellix78 at aol.com Trellix78 at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 12:42:00 CEST 2004

I think the nice thing about linuxbios is the flexibility it  provides.
You're not limited by what the mainboard manufacturer gives you  and can be more
creative. With a video chip, you can have accelerated video 2  seconds after
the system boots like, say, the xbox.  This is on a regular  off-the-shelf
motherboard. I've been working for the past few weeks on my  epia M 10000
motherboard to do some nice things with the video  subsystem in the BIOS. It's been
great so far and the folks on the message board  have done a fantastic job
answering questions.  I couldn't have gotten  anywhere with a closed source BIOS.