epia m vga + memcpy update

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Thu Sep 9 02:32:01 CEST 2004

* Richard Smith <rsmith at bitworks.com> [040908 17:28]:
> Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
>
> >ok, I hate to say this, but I think you should run linuxbios without the
> >vga stuff, boot linux, and run that vgabios under testbios and see if that
> >is better. This will let you know if the vgabios is doing something really
> >weird.
>
> If you have the space.  Try X >= 4.3 as well and use:
> 	option "InitPrimary" "true"
> in the Screens section.  It's my experience that on some cards X will
> bring the card to life when testbios won't.

We should definitely merge our x86emu efforts with those of X.org. I
talked about that with Egbert Eich a while ago, but I never got to set
something up since then yet. It might take some efforts cleaning out the
core of x86emu so that it smoothly fits into both X and our "testbios"
payload. But it is definitely worth the effort.

Stefan