usbboot in EPIA-5000

Steven James pyro at linuxlabs.com
Mon Sep 6 10:23:00 CEST 2004

Greetings,

bit 2 of that port flags a cionnect status change (something connected or
disconnected). BOUNCE means that the the root hub is continually reporting
a connect and disconnect in a short time.

That's not uncommon in some hardware status and is known as a bounce.

In this case, it's more likely that something isn't set up properly and
the port is reading 0xffff which confuses the code.

That code is/was more than a bit rough around the edges. You might want to
look at filo+etherboot. Yinghai Lu merged the USB boot code into that, did
a LOT of cleanup, and added OHCI support.

G'day,
sjames

by Linux Labs International, Inc.
   Steven James, CTO