VIA fastboot MII debug message

Trellix78 at aol.com Trellix78 at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 04:05:01 CEST 2004

I just found something interesting.  I was playing around
with VIA's fastboot debug USB-boot BIOS image for the Epia MII and came across a linuxbios message at the very end after
the bootloader complained about not finding a suitable USB boot device.  There is no such message in the IDE or CD-ROM
images.  The fastboot MII images are very fast but they don't work for the non-MII epia and I find it funny that VIA didn't include a way to use hooks like they did for the pre-MII fastboot.  I say this because I've been struggling with CLE266 video and linuxbios while VIA releases binary-only images with a linuxbios message that don't work on the epia M.