status information

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Oct 28 17:45:01 CEST 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Richard Smith wrote:
>
> > Why is this there in the first place?
>
> most chipsets come up with only the top 64KB of flash enabled.
>
> In the old days, we didn't turn that on until linuxbios was running. It's
> historical.

We have a hard limit that at least the romcc part of the codebase
needs to run below that so we can enable more than 64KiB of flash.

It is my intention once I get the minor details firmed up to reexamine
romcc and see what I can do size wise.  I have come close to
getting things smaller but there is some little glitch preventing
things from working :(

Eric