Which is used the 855pm or the i855pm code?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 27 12:06:11 CEST 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, YhLu wrote:
>
> > You should delete 855pm. Without (i) in i855pm, it will not be processed by
> > config.g and ....
>
> that's what bit me.

Hmm. I am confused about what part of config.g makes that a problem,
but I guess I can look.

Speaking of config.g what would it take to not allow uses in anything
except src/mainboard/xxx/Options.lb.

Having one place were we simply declare which variables we are going
to be using for the entire board, (while still allowing them to be set
elsewhere) seems sane.  That actually reflects the current state
of the mainboard configuration right now.

When I added part/init_timer.h and set HAVE_INIT_TIMER
in src/cpu/k8/Config.lb and src/cpu/tsc/Config.lb I noticed
that I had to include a uses directive in those Config.lb files.

Eric